Anniversary Countdown!

Anniversary

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Honeymoon!

As soon as I started planning for the wedding I decided that, after warning my bridesmaids of all of the parties they will have to attend in the next year, I needed to get our venue and honeymoon figured out. The venue was a little stressful because of how many weekends in 2009 are already booked, so after getting that out of the way I was excited to get working on the honeymoon.

Since I love Jake so much, I've vowed not to force him into telling me which shade of beige he think looks best for the napkins, so instead, I put him in charge of the bar for the reception and the honeymoon. We had been checking out the Sandal's Resorts because the whole "all inclusive" part was really appealing (thanks for the tip, Michael Scott). We agreed that not having to pick up the bar tab at the end of the night would be a very nice bonus on what is sure to be an already awesome trip. Jake narrowed down the choices to either the Bahamas or Negril, Jamaica, and after careful consideration that included comparing pictures of the beaches and how many swim-up bars each resort had, we decided on Negril.

Apparently September is the worst month out of the year to visit Jamaica, which works out perfectly with our September 12 wedding date. We decided that, although it will be awful to have to wait to go on our honeymoon, it was probably a good idea to wait until the weather improved down there. We booked our trip last night and will be gone from November 28th - December 7th, so we get 9 nights and 10 days.

Get excited for us to return with steel drums and braided hair with beads at the end!



Here is the resort from the beach



And here is a swim-up bar I'm guessing we'll spend at least half of the trip at

No comments: