Anniversary Countdown!

Anniversary

Friday, August 22, 2008

Venue Found?

Yesterday's venue hunting turned out to be successful. I had hoped that I would find a place right off the bat, and it looks like that might be working out for me!

Jamie, Danielle and I went to a venue in Snohomish first, and after driving MUCH further than I had anticipated, were a little disappointed. The thing that we kept saying to each other during our walk through was "We can do better". From the awkward event planner to the awful chairs, it just wasn't for me. After deciding that the barn wasn't exactly the "classy but casual" look I had pictured, the even planner suggested showing us another property that they own with a mansion from the 1800's on it. Yikes... From the green carpet to the awkwardly placed twin sized beds used to stage the rooms upstairs by the "bridal suite", it was definitely not for me.

After pretty much running away from the mansion, we were trying to stay positive and hopeful for the next place on our list. As soon as we pulled into the driveway for our second appointment, things were starting to look MUCH better. The event planner here was much more laidback and easier to talk to, and as soon as she showed us the outdoor ceremony spot which flowed right into the indoor reception area, I could happily see Jake and me getting married there. After she showed us the full service bar, I could really see all of our friends being happy about us being married there. I won't go into all of the details about the place that I forced Jake to listen to, but all in all, it was exactly what I had pictured when thinking of a place that was both "classy but casual". All I have to do now is get the buy in from my parents and it's a done deal.

So! If everything works out with the parents, Jake and I will be married on Saturday, September 12, 2009, at the Bear Creak Country Club in Woodinville!

No comments: