Anniversary Countdown!

Anniversary

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BIG Update

I haven't been doing very well on keeping up on this, so I have a lot to update everyone on.

I found my dress during my first weekend of searching, which was fantastic. It was at the 4th place, La Belle Elaine's and it was by far the nicest place we went to. Our consultant was amazing and actually listened to the fact that I did NOT want a dress covered in beads and sequins. When we got there she asked me the price range I wanted to stay in and then she had me describe my dream dress. Then she went and grabbed a dress based on those two things, and it ended up being my dress. I'm trying to be old school with the dress and not let Jake see it until our wedding day, so I won't post any pictures. However, I trust his willpower (and I'm not sure how often he looks at this) so I will post a link to the designer's page.

www.beautiful-brides-midlands.co.uk/images/harlem-pronovias

Also, I've begun the process of sending out our Save the Dates, which ended up not being magnets. I didn't want to to exceed the weight limit, plus they were perfect the way they came! So for those of you who already received them, I hope that you like them and for those of you who I still need to send one to, I promise they'll be on the say VERY soon.

Next, it's looking like there's a really good chance of all of the bridesmaids will be wearing the same dress now instead of my original plan, which is great with me! Now I have the job of finding a dress that I like, and 8 of my best friends like and will want to wear. Maybe not the biggest of tasks for most people, but it's causing me some stress. I'm not much of a decision maker when it affects other people. Almost all of the girls have tried on a dress from David's Bridal, which is the "thriftier" version of a more expensive dress. I like the both, so now it will come down to price and what the girls like. Here are the links to both of them!

David's Bridal version
www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998974&subCategory=-49998976|-49998975|-49998974&partNumber=83312-4061-P

Vineyard (more expensive) version
http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=620&sfid=51031&f=

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

Thanks for the blog update. Keep it up! And, don't stress about our dresses. We will love it no matter what, because we get to wear it in YOUR wedding.